Sunday, March 30, 2014

just a little update :)

Hi everybody! Just a quick little dolly post today. This is my new little girl, Miette! My last girl was quite serious and melancholy, so for Miette, I gave her a bit of a smile.


The kids helped me decide on her name. They felt she had a kittenish quality to her. Here you can see Miette's lovely side eye chips. Eye chips are a huge deal for Blythes -- when your eyes are that big, they are rather a central feature haha.. put in the wrong ones, and she can look quite deranged!


This is Miette in her original Sherlock Holmes outfit. She was originally a Blythe Lorshek Molseh -- get the anagram lol! Miette is up for adoption in the shop now :)


And here's a quick look at Marine, the little girl before Miette. Marine sort of looks like she's thinking about all the world's problems, don't you think?


She does have wonderful hair. I streaked it with highlights and dip-dyed it green.


I love her edgy street style. She looks very New Yorky I think. Marine has already been adopted and is on her way to her new mom -- yay!

I'll be posting some thoughts on body shape issues next I think, when I've a free moment. In the meantime, have a restful weekend and a lovely, blessed week, my friends. Thank you so much again to all of you who pop by -- it means a lot to me :)

13 comments:

Fundy Blue said...

Your dolls are darling, Jan! Miette is so sweet. Hope all is well with you. Terry just walked in with pizza, so I'm going to have to run! I'll be back to catch up! *hugs*

Kay G. said...

Wow, what character you have put into these dolls! Amazing work, I love them both.
That Marine doll...something about her makes me want to take care of her, whereas that last one you made looks like she could take care of herself, is it because she has that slight smile?
LOL on being careful with the eye, they can look deranged...you are so funny!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

One more beautiful than the other. These dolls are quite charming. I love the name 'Miette'; so cute!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your dolls are stunning! Every one is so unique and full of life and love! You truly do such a wonderful job on them, Jan! Big Hugs ;o) xoxoxo

The Dainty Dolls House said...

These dolls are so gorgeous, your new one is precious!! I hope you had a lovely weekend doll & wish you a marvellous new week xx

Jane Chérie said...

Miette has a nice "smile". It's amazing what one can do with a different face-up! I think she is edgy too. Marine is very sweet despite her seriousness. You create so many beautiful custom dolls! I wouldn't dare touch my dolls's makeup.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh, Miette is adorable! I love the little smile. Marine looks a little sad and in thought which is also so beautiful!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Your girls are such individual beauties! It's quite obvious that you put alot of love into each one of them :)

Rowena @ rolala loves

Unknown said...

I love how this girl dresses! Thanks for the info on the vegetarian style...very much needed :)

Unknown said...

Nice. You always amaze me with your updates. I like how a simple addition can really change the look for a doll.

Introverted Art said...

they are beautiful beautiful beautiful! If I was still a little girl I would have loved to play with them!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Jan - Miette is absolutely lovely. What a sweetie. Thanks too for stopping by to wish Sarge good wishes. Hope you are having a lovely day. God Bless.

AntiquityTravelers said...

All such cute Blythe girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...