Sunday, September 23, 2012

The BLOG 5 Awards


Could this lady possibly get any sweeter? Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers has actually created five new blog awards which she -- and her six co-hosts, of whom I'm one -- will be giving out  through a blog hop linky! Each of us -- Kashmira, Gloria, Alicia, Christine, Therese, Cynthia and myself -- will be giving the awards on our own blogs; we've chosen bloggers whom we believe best represent one of the five categories. When a blogger is given one of the awards, we are inviting them to join the hop and continue building a linky group of awarded bloggers.

Well, in considering all the blogs I read -- and trust me, this was not easy; everyone is so creative and talented! -- I realised that I tend to read blogs that fall into three of the five categories: Artistic, Style and Journalistic. So, I shall be giving awards in these three areas.



First up, ARTISTIC:

1022 Sea Shell Ave.  Have you seen this lady's work?? Exquisite seashell art and jewelry, and other sea-inspired goodies for the home; Kim's blog is a treasure-chest of nautical creativity.

Chelsea Art Designs  Chelsea is an artist, designer and crafter, and I love seeing her spirited, vibrant work on her blog. Chelsea says she uses every possible chance she gets to be creative, and you can see that in her paintings and art journalling.

Piaroms Art  This beautiful blog showcases Conny's vivid, expressive work; her fluid lines and kaleidoscopic symbolism remind me of Klimt and Khnopff, plus I get to practice my German!




Next, STYLE:

Always Crave Cute  How can you resist a title like that? Diane's blog has the sweet, gentle beauty of a bygone time; her photographs and vintage treasures -- which are also available in her lovely Etsy shop -- make for a delightful, nostalgic read.

Georgia Girl With An English Heart  This blog is the sort that makes you think of sipping iced tea on the porch and just gazing out over the lake. Kay's breathtaking pictures and thoughtful, evocative writing make this blog one of my daily reads.

Life On Churchill  Julia has a background in product design, and you can see her aesthetic sensibility in her gorgeous blog. She has an eye for both vintage and modern home design, and her two adorable kids just add to the blog's coolness.


Last, but certainly not least, JOURNALISTIC:

Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl  There is such a poetic beauty in Beth's eloquent, impassioned writing. Beth lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, so you can expect exquisite photographs as well.

Jacob's Limp  Bold, inspired, honest and erudite -- Pastor Ronnie's blog is a must-read by anyone, Christian or not, who's aiming to live higher and deeper.

Plowing Through Life  Martha's blog is another one of my daily must-reads; humourous and thoughtful, profound and joyful, Martha shares her beautiful, heartfelt way of living life one day at a time.



Now, here are THE BLOG HOP RULES (I must admit to being completely new to blog hops, so I shall have to rely on Cynthia's words here): There are no rules, but we do have some suggestions. These awards were designed to point out some of the great blogs out there. And you can choose to pass on your award to as few, or as many as you like. So if you've been tapped on the shoulder and given one of these awards, we would love to see you display it proudly on your blog. Join the blog hop and show off that lovely blog of yours. We would, of course, love to hear why you like to blog, and why you chose a fellow blogger for an award. So let's get hopping!

12 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, Janice...you are so kind to say such nice things about my writing. I'm not so sure I deserve such praise, but it really means a great deal to me to get such feedback from a writer like you. As I've mentioned before, I really love the way you write. Thank you so much for your kind words.

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

I am honoured and humbled by this nomination!! You are a darling, thank you so much.

and congrats on your award too.!!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Fantastic list Janice! So many here that are new to me - yeah! I love exploring new blogs. Thanks for co-hosting and for your amazing bloggy friendship. Now off to see some new blogs!

CraveCute said...

Thank you so much for giving me an award under the Style category! I am honored to be listed among these other fabulous bloggers!

Alicia said...

Thank you for sharing these blogs - I have a whole new list on my hand now!

Unknown said...

Janice!!! You made my day! I figured out how to add the blog hop to my blog, now I just need to share the love. That is at the top of my "to do" list, but for the rest of the night it's non-stop painting seashells for me, have a great week :)
Kim

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Oh, how sweet! I've been out all day enjoying the beautiful fall weather with hubby and my camera, and finally sitting down to catch up on my favourite blogs. And what a surprise to come to! Thank you for the award and your kind words about my blog ****blushing****. I am surprised and so pleased! And very grateful. I do recognize a couple of the blogs you've awarded, but I will have to check out the rest. I always love discovering new places to visit and new people to meet. I will definitely pass my award along. There are so many bloggers that I know deserve it. Thank you again. And congratulations to you, too!

Christine Altmiller said...

great list! i look forward to cruising them more throughout the week.

Unknown said...

thank you janice!! you are so kind!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Janice, I am late reading the blogs on this little award hop. I enjoyed reading about the blogs you chose to receive these awards.
Therese

PiaRom said...

Ohhhh you see me blushing here to read such kind words about my art...I am blowing away by this wonderful award!!! I hope that you are not sad about the thing that I can´t get on the blog hop at the moment, because I am in Italy till the beginning of november and I havn´t got access to the internet very often...I enjoy the warm sun and ocean, but miss my daily time for art and blogging alot...anyways kisses from here to you and wish you sooooo much fun by hopping with all this wonderful artists ♥♥♥

Kay G. said...

Why you sweet, darling thing you! I missed this post and just found that you have given me an award! And out of all the great bloggers out there! Thanks so much and I will think of who I can pass it along to, thanks again, Janice, you are too kind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...